Skip to main content

My BLEPP 2018 - Registered Psychometrician Journey


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

Image result for psychometrician pin
This year has been a roller coaster ride for me. Little people know that I am actually reviewing for my board exam while having my thesis writing 1, comprehensive exam and working at the same time. Only a few people know that I'm planning to take the boards and they all thought that it was a career and educational suicide. I can still remember my sister telling me that it was like a double edge sword. If I fail in my board exam my self-esteem will be jeopardized that will cause decrease performance on my comprehensive exam and thesis writing 1, and will probably affect my work - because of depression? I think. I honestly don't care anymore. I've been dreading to do this for years and now I am tired of being afraid. I am ready to do it now. 

Graduate School Comprehensive
Exam - My folder

Five years of fight or flight

Reviewing for my boards
- downloaded since I'm on
self-review
I graduated from college 5 years ago - May of 2013 to be exact. My parents keep on encouraging me to take the Psychometrician board exam since then. But I felt that I was not ready yet so I decided to take it the year after that year. I was working then as a recruiter and the schedule was a bit tough so again I decided it to take it the year next making it 2015. I was enjoying my life back then and thought the real purpose of having an RPm at the end of my name. I haven't really thought its importance and its relevance to my career so I've decided not to take it anymore. 
But then, 2016 came knocking on my feet with an opportunity to teach at the tertiary level. I enjoyed teaching Psychology and motivating my students to do well in life. I knew my teaching career would reach its expiration date since I'm just a bachelor's degree graduate. To remain teaching in college I decided to pursue my graduate studies. I was fortunate enough to enter a prestigious school performing good in the field of Psychology. On my stay I encountered a lot of people most of them are passionate and smart. I know that I can perform like them in class but one thing sets me apart from them aside from being smart, talented and passionate on their fields - the RPm tag at the last part of their names. I was eager and motivated to get one too.


It was early 2017 when I decided again to take the board exam by October. However, my family will be moving to another house so I had to help moving stuff and clean the house. Again I decided to just take the board exam after finishing my graduate studies, besides I think I'll be finishing by 2019 or 2020?


I was not able to use
the book itself but the content
was used intensively during review
My family and I started 2018 fresh and full of hopes in our own personal and career lives. Though I've decided to take it after graduation. I am still eager to study and pass it. I thought over for a couple of months and when April or May of the same year entered. I've decided to take the boards. It was sudden and quick but I knew back then that I really wanted this. And I am tired of being afraid to fail all the time. August of the same year I completed all my requirements and submitted to PRC. Upon submission I knew back then that there will be no backing down. This is it "fight or flight", "pass or fail", "you take the boards and pass it - congrats! or take it and fail - atleast I learned something or do not take the board and automatically get a failed grade". I knew that time that I will be taking the risk and this year will be my year. Prayed every Sunday, make time to balance my schedule and review for my exams - comprehensive exam and board exam, and write for my thesis. Spent my days studying and nights working.


The End of An Era



The day of the board exam came I just relaxed and honestly speaking I wasn't able to sleep during those days. But I still gave all my best. Read all the questions more than twice and answered the questions with minimal doubt :P. Gave all the honor and glory to God and finished my exam. After five years of antagonistically belittling myself by doubting. Now I took the risk. I know all my hard work will  pay off and believed that I will pass.



The Light At The End of the Tunnel


Chapel at university that I attended
I prayed to pass the board in here
The results was released around November 9, 2018 at 10:00 in the evening but since I am studying for my upcoming exams again - comprehensive exam. I wasn't able to check online if the results are up. One of my classmates just chatted me and congratulates me. I didn't noticed the chat at first but when I saw people posting congratulations to their friends who also took the board. I checked my classmate's message to me and visited the PRC website to confirm if my name was really on it. 


And it was! I did it! My name was in it.



I woke up my sister telling her that I am already an RPm. Told my parents that they will be attending an oath taking and told my brothers that I took the Psychometrician board exam and passed it (only few people know..even my brothers were not aware of it :P )



Now my name will be having RPm tag as well at the latter part next to my last name. And I am glad that I took the risk. In life you'll never know what awaits you until you took the jump not letting your fears taking control of you.



I glad I took the risk! To God be the glory! :)






Image may contain: text that says '243 ANGLO, ROMINA MIA NARTATEZ 244 ANGOLUAN, MARY ANA SELINE LORO 245 ANHAW, MARY HOPE MAMALIAS'
Picture of my name posted by my
boyfriend from the list of passers


Thanks for reading! Watch out my next post on my tips how to pass the Psychometrician board exam! God speed everyone




Seline :)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do I balance my life?

For a person to have a balanced life I believe that we should know how to weigh our priorities without jeopardizing others. As a student, employee, daughter, sister and girlfriend. I honestly have a hard time to do so. Four years ago I've decided to balance my life so I divided all my priorities into five: 1. Physical Physical priorities will be the things and activities that will help me improve physically. In one of my previous post I mentioned that I go to the gym. That is one thing for me to balance myself. Other activities might be joining fun runs, eating healthy foods, drinking 8 glasses of water everyday, 6 to 8 hours of sleep everyday, delegating "me time" part of the week and many more. I started small by exercising 15 minutes every morning and then later I joined the gym for boxing. The good thing about setting a priority for this activity is that I am not only exercising I am also learning self defense. 2. Spiritual Spiritua

BLEPP 2019 Schedule and Requirements

Hi guys, The 2019 Board Exam for Psychometrician and Psychologist schedule is out! For more information I made a picture that can be downloaded or screenshot to help you while processing your documents. Please see below for the Schedule: Start of Online Processing, Deadline, Place of Examination, and Date of Examination. The initial registration can be done in PRC website click here to direct you to the site. Here is the list of requirements for those taking the Psychometrician Board Exam. Source: https://www.prc.gov.ph/ Goodluck everyone! :) Thanks, Seline :)